The REG-REG System is an XML-based transaction system. Communication with the REG-REG Server is done asynchronously, where the transaction units are digitally-signed electronic mail messages (signing provided by PGP). The REG-REG Server responses are sent as signed mail as well. The system uses elements of the EPP protocol family, although it is not a full implementation of EPP.
The Accredited Registrar is expected to implement a software client to interact with the system. Such a client is not supplied by ISOC-IL. Towards that end, the Registry provides a test-bed to allow registrars to test the Clients they have implemented for correct operation. As a pre-condition for accreditation, the registrars are expected to demonstrate a client that is able to perform the entire set of Registration Actions against the REG-REG Server.
An Information Retrieval Interface (“IRI”) is provided for retrieval of real-time information and tracking of Objects (Domain Names and Contacts) managed by the Accredited Registrars, and their Registration Actions.
A potential Registrar who wishes to utilize the test-bed environment, should send an email to: reg_testbed_admin AT isoc.org.il which includes:
- Subject Line: Testbed Registration Request.
- Testing Organization Full Name.
- Full name of a contact person.
- Postal Address.
- Phone Number.
- Fax Number.
- Primary email address for REG-REG Server responses.
- Primary email address for operational mail.
The applicant will be invited to ISOC-IL’s offices, for the purpose of exchanging PGP keys.
The applicant should bring to the meeting his/her personal ID, his/her public key (only) on media, and their PGP key ID.
The following corporate documents will be also required:
- Incorporation certificate (or a validated copy).
- Formal minutes of the corporate including:
- A resolution to register to the test-bed.
- Warranty that signing with the PGP key (identified by the PGP ID) is an obliging signature of the corporate.
- Nomination of the person arriving to ISOC-IL’s offices as the corporate’s representative for the exchange of keys, including the representative’s identification information.
- Power of Attorney to the representative.